Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stake Conference Highlights

What a day! I am feeling so incredibly blessed to have been in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord today.  I love Elder Russell M. Nelson!  The Spirit filled the room as he entered and I couldn't wait to hear his words.  My husband and I keep discussing how rare it is to be in the presence of such a man of God.  He was able to attend the Priesthood Leadership Training yesterday and was able to personally greet Elder Nelson.  The Spirit overwhelmed him!  Of all the Stakes on the earth, ours was chosen to have a visit by this special man.  Feeling so grateful.

For this post I thought I'd highlight the notes I took at our special Stake Conference.  I'm sure there's so much more to what I jotted down, but this is what stood out to me.

He said the chapel was filled with faithful saints (you and I were there!!), he loves the children of our Stake and mentioned how beautiful they are.  It was very special to have all the Primary children stand and sing "I Am A Child of God".  He then proceeded to tell us what we need to teach our children.

  • to love God
  • to learn of Christ
  • about the sacrament
  • importance of prophets
  • to read the scriptures
  • the restoration of the priesthood
  • to be good missionaries and to be worthy to be called on a mission
  • to pay tithing and go to tithing settlement
  • to get all the education you can.  The glory of God is intelligence
  • to be good citizens
He asked us to care for and love our children.  He gave us a blessing that we would feast upon the words of Christ, and be exemplary citizens. He sensed that there were some of ill health and he gave a blessing of healing and health.  He blessed the missionaries and that we would be temple goers. He then closed by testifying that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church.

Thank you Elder Nelson for coming to our Stake Conference and edifying and uplifting us!

-Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment