Friday, May 13, 2016

What Would You Grab?

A Canadian news network shared a funny story about a Facebook group where people shared the items they grabbed as they were evacuating the Fort McMurray area in Canada, because of the recent fires. While this post is humorous, we hope that we can all learn from others' mistakes and prepare ourselves by having an evacuation plan with a list of items to grab according to priority and the amount of time available. For a sample of a packing list, click here.

Here are some of the items evacuees chose to take:
Jennifer Knuth said, "In this time of crisis when we have lost almost our entire city and packed our whole lives into a car or a suitcase we need laughter. I urge each and every one of you, as you unpack wherever you are, to post a picture of the funniest thing you packed while fleeing for your lives. I shall go first ... Cheese slices and snow pants!!!!! God bless Fort McMurray." 


Rodney Tremblett wrote, "Wife took my bear head off the wall lol. Nothing for me to wear but got me bear head."


"I don't know what we were thinking ... But in case anyone's up for a bbq ... And has a bbq ... We'll bring the propane," wrote Jannah Loise Besa.


Amy Goodwin wrote, "I couldn't leave Raj Binder (Shawn Majumder) to watch the place burn! Also brought a Fraggle and my Labyrinth worm. And my signed Star Trek Next Generation plaque. No socks, no toiletries."


"My dog carried her most prized possession when we evacuated, her ball," said Nicole Bifolchi.


"Candy, I really don't know what I was thinking. I didn't bring my lap top or any of my education paperwork," Corina Eddy wrote. 


Photo courtesy of Niko Stears.


Tracy Cluff said, "I was wearing a Godzilla shirt which I didn't notice till after we left. I found it fitting lol and slippers. Why did I not pack shoes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment