Sunday, December 11, 2016

He Must Recognize Us Quickly


"I am filled with an overwhelming sense of duty to prepare my life (and to the extent that I can to help prepare the lives of the members of the Church) for that long-prophesied day, for the time when we will make a presentation of the Church to Him whose Church it is.

"I do not know when this singular day will come. I do not know who will be present to see it. But this I do know: when Christ comes, the members of His Church must be looking and acting like members of His Church are supposed to look and act if we are to be acceptable to Him. We must be doing His work, and we must be living His teachings. He must recognize us quickly and easily as truly being His disciples.

"Surely that is why President Hinckley said: 'It is not enough [for us, you and me, now, in our time] to simply be known as a member of this Church. … We must live as true followers of … Christ.' These are the latter days, and you and I are to be the best Latter-day Saints we can," (Jeffrey R. Holland; This, The Greatest of All Dispensations, July 2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment