"It is not possible to make real change all by ourselves. Our own willpower and our own good intentions are not enough... We must have the help of the Savior."
Change is never easy, but with the help of the Savior, we can do all things. This year, we are committed to helping you improve by focusing on temporal and spiritual self-reliance. Our hope is that by becoming more temporally and spiritually prepared, you will have peace and grow closer to the Savior.
For family home evening tonight, make some New Year's resolutions. Here are some resolutions to consider:
- Create a budget
- Get out of debt
- Spend less money
- Save more money
- Improve job skills or education
- Learn how to cook & make meals from home instead of eating out
- Create a weekly meal plan
- Begin personal daily scripture study or increase the time spent studying the scriptures
- Improve family scripture study
- Resolve to pray more or to become more consistent with family prayer
- Plan to go to the temple more often or begin learning how to find names to take to the temple
- Begin or spend more time working on your family history
- Learn a new skill to help you become more self-reliant
- Learn how to make bread from scratch
- Work on a 3-month supply of rotatable food storage
- Work on a 12-month supply of longer-term food storage
- Work on obtaining water storage or fill up empty water barrels
- Learn self-defense or improve your hunting skills
- Learn how to cook without electricity or keep warm when the power is out
- Work on storing fuel or other preparedness items
Happy New Year!