"God’s prophet on earth, President Thomas S. Monson, has declared, 'Today, we are encamped against the greatest array of sin, vice, and evil ever assembled before our eyes.'
"Would you be surprised to learn that President Monson uttered those words 50 years ago? If we were encamped against an unprecedented array of wickedness back then, how much more so does evil threaten us today?"
In this month's First Presidency message, President Henry B. Eyring recommends six steps to help us increase our spiritual strength:
- Keep the Sabbath day holy
- Make and keep sacred covenants
- Continuously repent and plead with the Lord to be forgiven of our sins
- Work on family history and attend the temple
- Pray, serve, testify and exercise faith in Jesus Christ
- Immerse ourselves in the scriptures and words of the Lord's chosen servants
For a link to the message, click HERE.