Have you been "lighting the world" with good works this Christmas season? Yesterday, the focus was on calming the storm. Jesus understood that life’s storms can take many shapes. Some storms rain down from the sky; other tempests come from within. The Master can calm all storms. When we follow His example, we can be a light in the lives of those going through turbulent times.
Being prepared for the storms of life is one way to follow the example of our Savior. Here is a list of ways to prepare for the unexpected storms of life:
- Consider ways to reduce contention in your home.
- Watch and share this inspiring story of service in the wake of natural disaster.
- Listen to a performance of “Master, the Tempest Is Raging.”
- Help shovel snow in your neighborhood after a snowstorm.
- Give your neighbors low-cost emergency items as Christmas gifts.
- Help an elderly or disabled person winterize his or her home.
- Help your loved ones stock their cars with warm emergency clothes.
When we are temporally and spiritually prepared, we will be better able to calm the storms of life for ourselves and for those in need.